Gypsum, 1/2-inch 4 x 8 Drywall Panel$10.38/Piece
Gypsum drywall panels consist of a fire-resistant gypsum core encased in heavy natural-finish, 100% recycled paper on the face and back sides. The face paper is folded around the long edges to reinforce and protect the core, and the ends are square-cut and finished smooth.
- 1/4" - Lightweight, low-cost utility gypsum panel for interior use as a base layer for improving sound control in double-layer steel and/or wood stud partitions. Also for use over old wall and ceiling surfaces. Also applicable for forming curved surfaces with short radii.
- 3/8" - Lightweight for interior use in the double-wall systems over wood framing, and for repair and remodeling.
- 1/2" - For single-layer interior use in residential construction and non-rated commercial construction.
- Lightweight, cost-efficient material that readily accepts a wide range of decorative finishes.
- Gypsum Board is easily cut for quick installation, permitting painting or other decoration and the installation of metal or wood trim almost immediately.
- The gypsum core will not support combustion or transmit temperatures greatly in excess of 212°F (100°C) until completely calcined, a slow process.
- Expansion and contraction under normal atmospheric changes is negligible.